I have loved dolls, history, and the Victorian Era since I was little and can credit my grandmother for that. As a young girl she gave me a Godey’s Fashion print for August 1870 from my great, great Aunt Flossie. I was captivated by the dresses and became hooked. I just love to research everything and anything about the Victorian Era. I also love to design Victorian dolls. I hope you enjoy my Victorian Dolls, Victorian Traditions,The Victorian Era, and Me blog.

Sunday, August 13, 2017

My “Marie Antoinette” Victorian Faceless "Lady" Art Doll


“Marie Antoinette”, 13” Doll - Victorian Faceless "Lady" Art Doll E-Pattern - Victorian Lady Series - 1897 Paris Reception Gown - Pattern Category - Skill Level - Intermediate  - 20 Pages

Marie Antoinette is a free-standing doll ready for court.

She has a very fancy two-tiered ruffled dress with a fancy lace covered and lined front panel and long gathered sleeves, shawl, fancy lace & floral lined and feathered hat, lace parasol, lace trimmed slip and long white curly hair tied with ribbons.

Her arms are wire-shaped and covered. She also has a painted wood head and covered round wood base. Her inner body is made from a dowel covered with fabric and eyelet lace. The waistband of her dress is adorned with pearls and lace.

Designer - Linda Walsh Originals

No comments:

Post a Comment