I have loved dolls, history, and the Victorian Era since I was little and can credit my grandmother for that. As a young girl she gave me a Godey’s Fashion print for August 1870 from my great, great Aunt Flossie. I was captivated by the dresses and became hooked. I just love to research everything and anything about the Victorian Era. I also love to design Victorian dolls. I hope you enjoy my Victorian Dolls, Victorian Traditions,The Victorian Era, and Me blog.

Thursday, August 3, 2017

My Victorian Lady Doll Mattie - Victorian Lady Doll



"Mattie" is a free-standing doll all ready for her afternoon stroll.

Mattie just loves strolling in the park with her friends - especially if it's a bright, sunny and warm Spring day. There's no need for a winter coat, or boots, or gloves, or a long woolen dress. On a bright, sunny Spring day she get to wear her favorite blue and white walking costume - which suits her just fine.

Mattie is wearing a fancy lace trimmed dress with a ribbed, pleated bodice trimmed with gathered ribbon. The sleeves of her walking costume are long, gathered and ruffled. Her walking costume also has a fancy lace trimmed and gathered front and back overskirt.

Underneath her walking costume is a lace trimmed slip and around her shoulders is a lace shawl. Her beautiful long curly blonde hair tied in a ponytail and enhanced with floral accents. Silk floral pieces decorate her waistband and neckline.

She also has a painted wood head and covered round wood base. Her inner body is made from a dowel covered with fabric and eyelet lace. Her arms are wire-shaped and covered.

Today just happens to be a bright, sunny, and warm Spring day.  And, for that, Mattie is grateful.

Designer - Linda Walsh of Linda Walsh Originals


No comments:

Post a Comment