I have loved dolls, history, and the Victorian Era since I was little and can credit my grandmother for that. As a young girl she gave me a Godey’s Fashion print for August 1870 from my great, great Aunt Flossie. I was captivated by the dresses and became hooked. I just love to research everything and anything about the Victorian Era. I also love to design Victorian dolls. I hope you enjoy my Victorian Dolls, Victorian Traditions,The Victorian Era, and Me blog.

Wednesday, August 9, 2017

What A Beautiful Victorian Lady - Flossie - Victorian Lady Doll



“Flossie”, 16” Doll - Victorian Doll E-Pattern Lady Series - 1892 Traveling Costume

One of my favorite Victorians dolls is Flossie. There's just something about this Victorian design and outfit that really appeals to me.  It might be her refined and elegant appearance that draws me in, but I like to think it's her quiet intelligence.  She is named after my Great, Great Aunt Flossie who was an extremely independent and intelligent woman.

If there ever was a truly elegant and refined lady it would have to be Flossie.  With her beautiful red hair, beautifully sewn outfits and ladylike manners you can't help but feel regal when you are with her.  Despite her rich appearance she does everything she can to make her guests feel like they are the most important person in her life and in her house.  As a result, she puts everyone completely at ease and loves it when her guests relax and enjoy themselves.  

Flossie just loves to entertain, but she also loves being outside on a beautiful, sunny day.  So, today she has decided to take a leisurely afternoon stroll in her 1892 Traveling Costume.

Flossie is a free-standing doll who wearing an 1892 Traveling Costume.

She is wearing a beautifully coordinated outfit that has a lace trimmed dress and has a full-length lace and ribbon trimmed lined jacket with lace, ribbon trimmed and puffed up long sleeves.   A decorated ribbon bow serves as a clasp for her lined jacket.  Her coordinated lace & floral decorated hat is lined and elegantly frames her beautiful red hair that is tied in a puff bun.

She has a painted wood head and a covered wood base.  Her inner body is made from a dowel covered with fabric and eyelet lace.   Her arms are wire-shaped and covered and she is carrying a bouquet of flowers with streamers.

Flossie may be the epitome of a refined and elegant lady, but she is also very intelligent and knows just the right thing to say, the right thing to do, and the right atmosphere to put her friends and guests at ease.

She is a refined and elegant lady to the core.

Designer - Linda Walsh of Linda Walsh Originals

No comments:

Post a Comment