I have loved dolls, history, and the Victorian Era since I was little and can credit my grandmother for that. As a young girl she gave me a Godey’s Fashion print for August 1870 from my great, great Aunt Flossie. I was captivated by the dresses and became hooked. I just love to research everything and anything about the Victorian Era. I also love to design Victorian dolls. I hope you enjoy my Victorian Dolls, Victorian Traditions,The Victorian Era, and Me blog.

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Don't Ask Hilda To Gossip! She's Too Much Of A Lady For That! - Victorian Lady Doll



Hilda is a very friendly lady and just loves to visit the neighbors, especially those who are new in town.  She's a one woman welcoming committee and just loves to tell her neighbors all about her town and all the activities that are going on.  It's a small town so Hilda is well informed as to all the activities.

Hilda is an 11" free standing cloth and wood doll.   Her arms are wire-shaped and covered. She also has a painted wood head and covered round wood base. Her inner body is made from a dowel covered with fabric and eyelet lace.  Her lace trimmed slip is gathered at the waist.

She has a ruffled at the shoulder dress with long ruffled and gathered sleeves and ruffled bottom. Her shawl is  fringed and a silver heart serves as a clasp.  She has long black hair wrapped in a braid framing her face, and is carrying a food basket.

Hilda just loves to tell her new neighbors all that's going on. However, don't ask her for any gossip. Hilda is too much of a Victorian lady to engage in gossip.

Designer - Linda Walsh of Linda Walsh Originals

No comments:

Post a Comment