I have loved dolls, history, and the Victorian Era since I was little and can credit my grandmother for that. As a young girl she gave me a Godey’s Fashion print for August 1870 from my great, great Aunt Flossie. I was captivated by the dresses and became hooked. I just love to research everything and anything about the Victorian Era. I also love to design Victorian dolls. I hope you enjoy my Victorian Dolls, Victorian Traditions,The Victorian Era, and Me blog.

Tuesday, July 28, 2015

My Romantic Journey On Canvas Corseted Tutu and Wedding Dress Class Projects


I've spent the last two weeks in crafting bliss working on my projects from Debby Anderson's "A Romantic Journey On Canvas" at Artful Gathering and couldn't be happier. I may have found a new passion - something I absolutely love.


I can hear you all saying - what a surprise, Linda! You've found a new passion. When it comes to crafting is there anything you've ever tried that you haven't absolutely loved? Probably not.


Well, it is true that I absolutely love to craft and love everything I've learned through my online classes, but when it comes to passion - well, that's a little different. I have a passion for the Victorian era - especially the dresses, for doll making, for genealogy, for floral design, and for history. To all this I would have to add mixed media. I absolutely LOVE mixed media.


My husband doesn't love it as mixed media utilizes lots of different types of supplies so my living room is an absolute mess. You can't even see any of the furniture in there. It's all covered with arts & crafts supplies of one sort or another - all needed for the mixed media projects I've been working on for my online classes.

I absolutely LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Debby's class.  Debby Anderson is an unbelievably talented and inspiring jewelry designer and artist.  Her online class was fabulous.  Her video's were very easy to follow and she explained everything she was doing beautifully.  I couldn't be more pleased with her class.  If you've wanted to try creating mixed media canvas collage dress form projects Debby's class is a MUST TAKE.

There are 3 projects in  Debby Anderson's "A Romantic Journey On Canvas" mixed media online class: one to create a corseted tutu, one to create a wedding gown, and one to create a mixed media angel collage.  So far, I've made two corseted canvas's - one on 12" x 12" canvas and one on an 8" x 10" canvas.  I've also created a wedding gown on an 11" x 14" canvas.

Here's my first corseted tutu on a 12" by 12" canvas:



Here's a close-up of the dress:



Here's my second corseted tutu on an 8" x 10" canvas:



Here's a close-up of the dress:



Here's my wedding gown on an 11" x 14" canvas:



Here's a close-up of the dress:


The woman pictured in the wedding gown canvas above is my Mother.  I love this picture of her and thought it would look beautiful in this mixed media collage.  I think it does and hope you would agree.


Can you understand now why I've found a new passion?  Beautiful dresses in a mixed media canvas collage - how could I not love that?

1 comment:

  1. Hello Linda, these are absolutely gorgeous! I love the Victorian era! :)

    ReplyDelete