I have loved dolls, history, and the Victorian Era since I was little and can credit my grandmother for that. As a young girl she gave me a Godey’s Fashion print for August 1870 from my great, great Aunt Flossie. I was captivated by the dresses and became hooked. I just love to research everything and anything about the Victorian Era. I also love to design Victorian dolls. I hope you enjoy my Victorian Dolls, Victorian Traditions,The Victorian Era, and Me blog.

Sunday, March 9, 2014

My Celia's Art Doll


Celia has been a member of The Red Hat Society for a long time and thoroughly enjoys the times they get together. She and the other ladies of the club love dressing up in their purple dresses and red hats, and letting their hair down. Sometimes things get a little wild, but that doesn't deter any of the ladies. They love their lives, they love each other, and best of all they love happy fun - especially when it's the dress-up kind.

"Celia - Art Doll" is a 19" art doll with a cloth body, embroidered face with wire glasses, fully wired and bendable cloth body, and thick white curly hair. She is wearing red print bloomers gathered at the waist and ankles. Her black felt boots are criss-crossed with DMC embroidery floss for laces.




Her purple print dress is gathered at the waist, shoulders, wrists and neck and has a purple tulle dress skirt overlay and purple tulle dress sleeves overlay. Gathered lace trim adorns the neck of her dress and two columns of decorative lace trim adorns the center of her dress bodice. Purple hearts add adornment to her dress bodice. Wide red ribbon is wrapped around her waist and tied in a large bow in the front. A  purple feather boa's is wrapped around her shoulders and arms as a shawl.


She is wearing lilac gloves and has a decorative ring on her right wrist for a bracelet. She is holding a miniature red velour print lined pocketbook with a bead handle. Her red velour hat is adorned with black lace, red feathers, and a silk floral adornment with beads and sits atop the back center of her head.

With the fully bendable body my "Celia's Art Doll" sits beautifully on her pink metal chair.

Designer - Linda Walsh of Linda Walsh Originals


No comments:

Post a Comment